Jason Ratzlaff began his public accounting career in 1997 in Alberta with the regional accounting firm of Meyers Norris Penny. While there, he worked with both local entrepreneurs as well as larger businesses in the assurance department. In 1998, he decided to move back to Saskatchewan. He joined the Saskatoon office of one of the Big Four accounting firms, KPMG, where he practiced in assurance and business advisory services. His clients included owner-managed businesses and public companies. From there, he became a manager in a local Saskatoon firm where he practiced in assurance and worked with owner-managed businesses. In 2005, Jason joined James Salamon and together, they formed Salamon & Ratzlaff Chartered Accountants in 2006. In 2011, the firm evolved into Salamon Ratzlaff Groenwold with the addition of Bryce Groenwold, and then changed its name to SRG Chartered Professional Accountants in 2015.
Although Jason has worked with clients both large and small, his passion is assisting the small business owner and entrepreneur in achieving financial success. He tries to offer peace of mind by providing clients with valuable tax and business advice that is uniquely tailored to each situation. Having come from an entrepreneurial family background with direct participation in the family business, Jason has gained a great deal of real-life business experience that he can draw upon to provide his clients with valuable and practical advice.
Jason completed the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountant’s In-Depth Tax Course in 2007, and now focuses his work on taxation and business advisory services.
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Saskatchewan, 1997
- Chartered Accountant, (Alberta) 2000; Saskatchewan (2001)
- In-depth Tax Course, CICA, 2005 – 2007
Professional and Community Activities:
- Member: Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta, 2000 to present
- Member: CPA Saskatchewan, 2001 to present
- Member: Fees and Services Review Committee for the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Saskatchewan, 2005 to 2012
- Member: Saskatchewan Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs, 2005 to 2012
- Member: Canadian Tax Foundation, 2008 to present
- Treasurer, Saskatoon Gingerbread House Preschool, 2007 – 2008
- Coach, Saskatoon Youth Soccer Inc., 2007, 2009
- Co-coach, Saskatoon Minor Football, 2011
- Co-coach, Saskatoon Minor Baseball, 2011
- Community volunteer tax program preparer and reviewer, 1997 – 2000
Phone: (306) 665-8890 Extension 3
Fax: (306) 665-8894